Saturday, June 5, 2010

Playlist for June 5th

Count Basie - Splanky
Bob Mamet Trio - At Play
Krisanne Crowell - Undertaker Blues
The Arboreal Trio - Asleep
The Daniel Matto Quintet - I Thought of You Again
Hugh O'Connor - The Night We Called it a Day
Mah/Goodman Quartet - Plan B
Karl Schwonik - Automile
Shannon Butcher - Run to You
Clark Terry/Max Roach - To Basie With Love
Oliver Jones - Waltzing Matilda
Mel Torme - Lullaby of Birdland
Charlie Biddle - Straight No Chaser
Susie Arioli - Honeysuckle Rose
Count Basie - One O'Clock Jump
Hank Jones/Oliver Jones - I'll Remember April
Christine Jensen - Seafever

1 comment:

  1. Hello Todd,
    I'm in Tokyo, Japan listening to your show now. The show's very good. A very long time ago, I presented a jazz show on CJAM-fm called Jelly Roll Jazz. Doing the show gave me the opportunity to meet some great musicians including Lester Bowie, Oliver Lake, James Carter, J.C. Heard, Mike Murley, Richard Underhill, Sir Roland Hanna and more. One of the greatest thrills I ever had was meeting Sir Roland Hanna in Tokyo. He didn't remember doing the interview with me, but it was still fantastic to meet him in a place so far away.
    Anyway, best of luck with the show. I hope you'll conatct Hugh Leal in Windsor, and Spenser Barefield in Detroit. They always gave me a lot of help when I was doing Jelly Roll Jazz.
    Cheers,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete